· The Archives
· Donate & Transfer Materials
· Supporting Our Projects
· Fast Facts About Caltech History
Throop Academy girls' basketball team, 1904-1905. In its early days, Throop Polytechnic Institute encompassed a high school called the Academy, the forerunner of the present Polytechnic School.
Photo ID 40.14-2
|SUPPORTING OUR PROJECTS
The Caltech Archives strive to preserve the historical, cultural, and scientific heritage of the California Institute of Technology. When you decide to support our effort, you join in this critical mission and enable us to ensure the survival of Caltech's legacy for future generations.
The Archives undertakes many projects in the course of any given year. Some of these are listed here:
- Archival arrangement and description of personal papers of Caltech faculty
- Digitization of collections for both preservation and access
- Transfer of videotape and other obsolete media into modern formats
- Restoration and preservation of rare books
- Purchase of rare and landmark books in the history of science and technology
- Restoration and preservation of fine art
- Creation of temporary and permanent exhibits
If you are interested in learning more about the ways in which you can support our projects, please visit the webpage of the Friends of Caltech Libraries.