· Contact Information
· Archives Account Login
Deflection galvanometer, composed of two stationary inner coils and one revolving outer coil. Possibly made in the Caltech Physics Shop, ca 1920s–1930s. Photo ID ST-PH-28
To submit a request for an appointment or for copies of materials, please register for an Archives account. You may submit a request as soon as you have created your account.
For general inquiries, please contact us in the following manner:
Mail Code B215A-74
Pasadena, California 91125
The Caltech Archives Staff
University Archivist and Head, Special Collections
Archivist for Reader Services
Penelope (Penny) Neder-Muro
Associate Archivist for Digital Collections Development
Maria (Mariella) Soprano
Senior Archivist for Collection Management
Senior Editor and Interviewer
Archives Reading Room Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
(early closing on Thursday mornings at 11:00)
Please note: Access to the Caltech Archives for the non-campus community is by appointment only. Campus community is encouraged to phone or write ahead to be sure of staff assistance and space availability.
We are closed on weekends and major U.S. holidays.
- Monday, December 24th 2018-Tuesday, January 1st 2019 (Christmas-New Year Holidays)
- Monday, January 21st 2019 (Martin Luther King Day)
- Monday, February 18th 2019 (President's Day)
- Monday, May 27th 2019 (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, July 4th -Friday July 5th2019 (Independence Day Holidays)
- Monday, September 2nd (Labor Day)