· Contact Information
· Archives Account Login
Deflection galvanometer, composed of two stationary inner coils and one revolving outer coil. Possibly made in the Caltech Physics Shop, ca 1920s–1930s. Photo ID ST-PH-28
To submit a request for an appointment or for copies of materials, please register for an Archives account. You may submit a request as soon as you have created your account.
For general inquiries, please contact us in the following manner:
Mail Code B215A-74
Pasadena, California 91125
The Caltech Archives Staff
Interim Head, Archives and Special Collections
Archivist for Reader Services
Penelope (Penny) Neder
Associate Archivist for Digital Collections Development
Assistant Archivist for Digital Projects
Maria (Mariella) Soprano
Senior Archivist for Collection Management
Archives Reading Room Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note: Access to the Caltech Archives for the non-campus community is by appointment only. Campus community is encouraged to phone or write ahead to be sure of staff assistance and space availability.
We are closed on weekends and major U.S. holidays.
- Monday, May 29th 2017 (Memorial Day)
- Monday, July 3rd -Tuesday, July 4th 2017 (Independence Day Holidays)
- Monday, September 4th (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 23rd-Friday, November 24th 2017 (Thanksgiving Holidays)
- Monday, December 25th 2017-Monday, January 1st 2018 (Christmas-New Year Holidays)