Archives Catalog Entry
Portrait by S. Seymour Thomas
James A. Culbertson was a benefactor and trustee of Caltech (then Throop College) from 1908 to 1915. The campus's first auditorium, Culbertson Hall, was named after him. Built by architect Bertram Goodhue, it was demolished in 1972. The portrait is signed by the artist, but it is not listed in the catalog of Thomas's works by Hazel Thomas. See H.F. S1.5 and Z36.
Culbertson, James Alexander
MEDIUM: Painting; FORMAT: Oil On Canvas (Framed); LENGTH: 42 in. x 53 in. (framed); QUANTITY: 1
For information on using Archives materials for commercial or educational purposes (including reproducing PhotoNet images) please see Access and Use.