Archives Catalog Entry
Portrait by Seymour Thomas
Charles W. and Peter G. Gates of Pasadena were the donors of Caltech first laboratory, the Gates Laboratory of Chemistry (1917). Charles Gates was a trustee of, first, Throop Polytechnic Institute, and then Caltech, from 1908 until 1928.
Jan. 1, 1929
MEDIUM: Painting; FORMAT: Oil On Canvas (Framed); QUANTITY: 1
For information on using Archives materials for commercial or educational purposes (including reproducing PhotoNet images) please see Access and Use.