Archives Catalog Entry
Torsion seismograph, Wood-Anderson
The full name of the instrument is the Wood-Anderson torsion seismograph. It was invented jointly by Harry O. Wood of the Seismology Laboratory and J. A. Anderson of the Mount Wilson Observatory. The patent was registered on Sept. 1, 1925, in the name of the Carnegie Institution of Washington. This one is painted black. No manufacturer's plate.
Jan. 1, 1925
MEDIUM: Metal; LENGTH: 12 inches tall; QUANTITY: 1
For information on using Archives materials for commercial or educational purposes (including reproducing PhotoNet images) please see Access and Use.